Website Ac Transit
AC Transit is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Electronic Technician. Under general supervision, this position performs journey-level installation, testing, diagnosis, and repair of electronic systems and equipment used by the District; in assigned maintenance facilities and in the field. This is an excellent opportunity to work at one of the largest bus agencies in California. In addition to working with some of the best in the business, AC Transit also has an outstanding benefits package that includes pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending and a 457 savings plan.
- Installs, tests, and repairs fare boxes; computer-aided dispatch, fixed-point and mobile transmitting, receiving, and radio communications systems; audio-video equipment; and destination signs following manufacturers’ specifications. Performs both corrective and preventive maintenance.
- Performs shop and field tests using diagnostic tools such as service monitors, spectrum analyzers, frequency counters, digital voltmeters, oscilloscopes, audiometers, ammeters, and microwave test equipment. Tests for power output, audio quality, frequency sensitivity, and frequency selectivity.
- Calibrates and repairs test and diagnostic equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs printed circuit boards to component level.
- Designs and fabricates templates, patterns, and communications mounts of materials that include metal, wood, and plastic.
- Oversees and inspects the work of contractors working on computer-aided dispatch, and radio communications equipment.
- Compiles and maintains computerized and paper records related to work completed, and inventory of parts, supplies, and materials used.Enters and retrieves data from District computer programs.
- Compiles and organizes updated manufacturers’ specifications to keep service manuals current; and reports specification changes and parts substitutions to the Procurement department.
- Equivalent to completion of two (2) years of college with an Associates degree in electronics from an accredited college; and/or successful completion of a recognized electronic technician training program.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of two (2) years of recent and verifiable experience as an electronics technician; including a combination of experience in at least two of the following areas: digital, analog, electro-mechanical, or industrial electronics.
Company: Ac Transit
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A