Website Alaska Airlines
The Manager Payroll Services is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation, payment and record keeping for Alaska Airlines, Inc. and its subsidiary Horizon Air Industries, Inc. As a people leader, the Manager, Payroll Services leads and establishes priorities for the team to perform a critical role for Alaska Air Group’s 20,000+ employees and retirees by ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures and regulations.
- Performs payroll processing activities for weekly, biweekly, semi-monthly and adhoc payrolls as necessary.
- Establishes goals and objectives and provides direction and supervision for the payroll department with an emphasis on high performance and continued improvement.
- Establish and maintain partnerships between Employee Benefits and Services, Information Systems, Finance and Operational departments.
- Ensures payroll operations comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) along with government regulations and compliance with State and Federal payroll tax reporting regulations.
- Manages and supervises preparation of payroll tax returns, journal entries, and reconciliations of payroll and related general ledger liability accounts.
- Tracks garnishments, exception reporting, and reconciliations.
- Works with payroll accountants to resolve discrepancies.
- Reconciles monthly equity transactions from the external stock system used by Corporate Affairs and the payroll system.
- Conducts pay data and year-end audits to ensure that accurate payroll data was submitted to tax authorities and employees in W2s.
- Establishes audit processes and assures SOX controls adequate to ensure compliance.
- Ensures data integrity of payroll and related subsystems, and compliance with document retention policies.
- Strong accounting skills, knowledge of tax and employment law, and experience in the preparation and filing of quarterly and annual payroll tax returns (including W-2s).
- Strong leadership and organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills facilitating effective verbal and written communication at all levels in the organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on advanced Excel skills.
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years of payroll related experience.
- 2 years of leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a focus in accounting, business management or a related discipline, or an additional two years of relevant training/experience in lieu of this degree.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Company: Alaska Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tacoma, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A