Website American Airlines
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
- Is self-motivated and requires minimal supervision.
- Interprets government rules and requirements for domestic and international travel or cargo shipments.
- May be required to drive and operate air stairs up to various types of aircraft in order to enplane and deplane passengers.
- Possesses the physical ability and dexterity to use motor skills to perform various job-related tasks.
- Provides assistance to distressed passengers and customers.
- Responds and assists during security and emergency situations.
- Provides for safe travel.
- Uses organizational skills to perform multiple tasks within a limited time period.
- Promotes and sells air travel to the traveling public or freight forwarders.
- Protects company property and revenue.
- Meets and dispatches aircraft within established times.
- May be required to perform Passenger Operation Control functions including air to ground communication as well as Tower functions.
- Provides assistance with passenger check-in and cargo acceptance.
- Follows internal/external policies and procedures.
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bilingual language skills required in some locations
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local authorities
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED or international equivalent
Company: American Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A