Website DC Government
This position is located in the Department on Disability Services, Quality Assurance and Performance Management Administration (QAPMA). The purpose of the position is to develop and support the performance management of QAPMA to include new initiatives or projects.
- Implements and manages project changes and interventions to achieve project outcomes.
- Monitors and reports on progress of projects to all stakeholders.
- Identifies alternative solutions to unique business challenges within assigned projects, integrates the work of others working on specific projects; Manages the day-to-day operational aspects of projects working with respective teams, stakeholders or vendors.
- Develops and presents reports on project progress, risks to expected outcomes offering alternative solutions.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by the team before presenting to management and executive leadership.
- Develops plans and schedules, estimates resources required, assigns individual responsibilities, defines milestones and deliverables, monitors activities, and evaluates and reports on accomplishments.
- Plans and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Leads presentations, submits proposals for new initiatives, and provides effective project management.
- Ability to formulate a wide variety of recommendations aligned with the administration’s efforts to improve service delivery and mitigate risks while remediating challenges
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong writing and analytical skills, along with the ability to analyze data and develop defensible arguments and/or strategies using quantitative and qualitative data;
- Skill in public speaking and presenting. Ability and experience working with citizen and intergovernmental groups and advisory committees, developing public presentations, and defending positions using data, trends and analysis.
- Skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Access, and PowerPoint sufficient to perform data analysis
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum requirement: bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Expert knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods with a thorough understanding of regulatory programs are administered and applied to service delivery systems to include disability home and community based services waiver, healthcare financing, medical and behavioral health access and oversight for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources, including coordinating multiple efforts simultaneously, proactively troubleshooting problems, meeting deadlines, and advising supervisors and managers of key challenges or issues in a timely manner.
Company: DC Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A