Website Dubai Metro
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Iraq. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009 and have launched the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2017. We deliver Facility Management services to Hospitals, Universities, Airports, Military Facilities and Commercial Estates in the UAE and large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia. We also deliver staff training and education to selected officers of the Qatar Armed Forces at the Officers’ training institute located at the Ahmed Bin Mohammed Military College in Doha.
- Management of allocated budgets to ensure expenditure is on target against the planned budget
- Approve invoices for subcontracted services
- Coordinating, managing and delivering cleaning services within the premises of Dubai Metro such as stations, car parks, ancillary buildings, trains, depots and offices;
- Ensure RTA KPI cleanliness targets are achieved/exceeded in accordance with the Concession Agreement target score (internal areas and external up to 5m)
- Management of different disciplines of Serco and sub- contractor Housekeeping staff (700) to ensure delivery of the housekeeping standards in accordance with delivery of the concession KPI’s
- Complete annual and mid-year appraisals and identify any sub-standard performance and ensure corrective actions through employee development plans
- Management of disciplinary actions for direct reports and subcontracted staff
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a housekeeping management position;
- Experience of managing large teams of housekeeping staff and outsource contractors;
- Experience and good working comprehension of performance and appraisal management and objective setting;
- Experience of managing KPIs and meeting performance;
- Good understanding and experience of procurement;
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity from managing large multi-national teams.
- Good understanding of management processes in relation to audits, procedures and instructions and management of assets;
- Ability to manage teams of Housekeeping Supervisors and housekeepers with an aim to meet the committed performance targets in a cost effective and efficient manner;
- Experience in supervising the planned and unplanned cleaning activities to meet challenging work schedule;
- Good interpersonal and people skills, and a mature, methodical and responsible approach to work;
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Ability to demonstrate both good communications literacy and numeracy skills required for the role;
- Ability to understand technical machine operating specifications for delivery of training on large equipment and MEWPS;
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of health and safety issues;
- Excellent team player and work closely with the team members.
Company: Dubai Metro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A