Website Dubai Metro
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Iraq. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009 and have launched the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2017. We deliver Facility Management services to Hospitals, Universities, Airports, Military Facilities and Commercial Estates in the UAE and large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia. We also deliver staff training and education to selected officers of the Qatar Armed Forces at the Officers’ training institute located at the Ahmed Bin Mohammed Military College in Doha.
Focussing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
- Assist the Engineers and Team Leaders in carrying out all levels of preventive and corrective maintenance activities;
- Follow the appropriate maintenance procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with the requirements;
- Perform roles necessary for the management of the safe system of works, including meet tight maintenance schedules;
- Produce and maintain accurate maintenance records of equipment performance, work accomplished and other information using the maintenance management system;
- Perform shift and emergency duties;
- Perform and carry out duties as instructed/ directed by the line manager and/or other member of the senior management team of Engineering & Maintenance department.
- During Training – undertake all required technical and soft skills training courses and obtain a passing mark in each module. This includes but is not limited to: Induction, O & M Induction, Safety Critical Communications, Internal Customer Service, Lineside Worker/Non Lineside Worker;
- Gain a thorough understanding of the technical aspect of each Technician role by spending time on the job shadowing and training within Engineering Production Departments;
- Attend and pass all modules of technical training within chosen discipline (matched to skills and educational experience);
- Once competent as a Technician – undertake an initial training period within the chosen discipline (Rolling Stock, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Services, Civil & Track and Automatic Train Control & Systems);
- Must have good eyesight and normal colour vision;
- Holds a valid driving license with good driving skill and experience;
- Strong English language skills (written and spoken);
- Multi skilled, either covers full skill in two or more skill areas, or in a regulated rail environment;
- Manages non routine aspects of own job with limited supervision;
- Routine decisions based on standard rules and procedures;
- Participates cooperatively and makes constructive contribution to team efforts.
- Ability to write simple technical reports, routine business correspondence, prepare method statements and drawings as required;
- Good organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
Company: Dubai Metro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A