Website Dubai Metro
The key role purpose of this position is to provide effective engineering and maintenance services covering the track and related infrastructure for Dubai Metro. This role is based on permanent night shift.
- Follow the appropriate maintenance procedures and instructions to ensure compliance with the requirements;
- Maintain accurate maintenance records of permanent way and related infrastructure, work accomplished and other information using a computerised maintenance management system;
- Ensure the maintenance tools and equipment are maintained in good condition both before and after job activities;
- Perform shift and emergency duties when required;
- Perform and carry out duties as instructed/ directed by the Track Team Leader and other senior Track Maintenance staff.
- Assist the Track Team Leader in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities and minor modifications on track and related infrastructure, including inspection of mainline and depot running rail, inspection of turnouts and points, inspection of fastening system and buffer stops, inspection of third rail, inspection of the rail corridor, rail renewals, installation, and rail grinding;
- Ability to write simple technical reports, routine business correspondence, prepare method statements and drawings as required;
- Minimum 1 year work experience as a qualified electrical, mechanical, or electro-mechanical technician in the maintenance of track works, such as rail renewals and installation work, rail inspection work, track maintenance equipment operation, rail welding work and machine operations on mainline and depot tracks and associated infrastructure (including cuttings, embankments, fences, etc.) is highly preferable;
- Experience in operating rail grinding machinery, electric arc welding tools, ultrasonic track inspection equipment, installed on-board maintenance vehicles and in workshop would be a definite advantage;
- Prior experience in shunting and driving engineering vehicles and/or locomotives would be an added advantage.
- Vocational trade certificate or diploma in civil engineering discipline or equivalent;
- Knowledge in track geometry, track bed construction, drainage and earthworks, topographical and gauging surveys;
- Ability to complete the planned track maintenance activities to meet tight maintenance schedule during engineering possession hours;
Company: Dubai Metro
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A