Website Etihad Airways
To perform safety investigations for operational safety incidents and accidents in order to determine the root cause of the events. This includes being part of the company’s investigation go-team that will join investigations led by the GCAA or other international governmental bodies for major accidents.
- Identify safety recommendations to the organization in order to avoid repeated safety incidents.
- Assess the severity of safety incidents to determine the extent of the company’s response to an incident.
- Compose and review safety investigation reports that will be published to the associated stakeholders within the company. These reports maybe distributed to governmental authorities and other external stakeholders.
- Maintain the safety management system database to ensure the integrity and accuracy of data entered into the database for future statistical use.
- Analyze and interpret factual information gathered from investigations to be able to deduce the root causes of safety incidents and accidents.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to engineering, safety or aviation is recommended.
- Successful completion of an aircraft accident/incident investigation course is desireable.
- Successful completion of an aviation Safety Management System (SMS) training course is desireable.
- An Airline Transport Pilot’s License or a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer would be recommended.
- Membership in a professional body related to aviation or safety.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in aviation/airlines, including experience in an investigative function and in a flight safety function.
Company: Etihad Airways
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A