The Protection business within Insurance & Wealth is undertaking an ambitious refresh of our digital proposition to customers. At the heart of this, we’re creating a brand new technology platform which is fundamentally rooted in cloud native architectural principles, with ‘infrastructure-as-code’ & automation at its core.
- As a Senior DevOps Engineer within the Protection Lab you’ll have the opportunity to work on large scale engineering change and to be part of a team driving the DevOps agenda within the bank.
- DevOps is a very broad set of disciplines and you will call upon many of these in your day-to-day role of supporting our cloud-based build pipelines and route-to-live environments. A principal element of your role will be the ongoing development and support of our Kubernetes-based microservice architecture. You will be comfortable with Helm charts and fluent in Kubernetes concepts.
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Public and Private cloud platforms (Azure, GCP, ICP)
- Experience configuring and working with Istio Service Mesh;
- CI / CD
- DevOps tools (like Sonar, Nexus, GIT, Jenkins)
- Source control platforms (TFS, VSTS, Git/GitLab/GHE, Bitbucket, Gerrit etc..)
- Oracle middleware (Weblogic) and DB administration;
- Test automation tools
- Strong core OS level skills (e.g. UNIX/LINUX/Windows/zOS) with supporting industry standard scripting skills
- Good Knowledge of network protocols & security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A