Website Qatar Airways
In the role of Financial Accounting Manager, you will ensure robustness in financial accounting for the Airline/Group, maintain Group results thereby producing a consolidated view to the Management, management of lifecycle processes of Airline fixed assets and advise senior management the impact to Qatar Airways of changes to IFRSs/ IASs and industry accounting practices.
- Manage and monitor internal accounting processes and suggest improvements to produce complete, relevant, reliable, accurate and timely financial information to the stakeholders.
- Provides periodic reporting to management regarding the highlighting key financial information, monthly trends, review results, loopholes in accounting processes and suggest improvements.
- Train and develop employees, to ensure succession planning is in place. Educate finance staff in applying IFRSs/ IASs and the best industry accounting practices
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations to ensure accounting quality of balances in the balance sheet to avoid audit/ management queries.
- Revisiting existing QR internal policies related to fixed assets to align these with latest business trends.
- Research International Accounting/Reporting Standards and industry accounting best practices to ensure Airline and Group accounting processes are in line with them.
- Provide input for preparation of Airline and Group Consolidated Financials quarterly and at year- end for statutory requirements and ensure implementation of accounting process to streamline the preparation of Group Consolidated Financials more efficiently.
- Oversee and supervise up to 6 employees. Direct daily activities, recruit, train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Manage and responsible for smooth function of General Ledger Accounting and CAPEX accounting. Ensure smooth end-to- end operations of CAPEX lifecycle accounting processes from recognition of assets to de-recognition in books of accounts.
- Ensure Periodic Financial Reporting is done error free and reports are prepared in accordance with IFRS.
- Manage the year-end audit activities including impairment testing, annual stock counts and other activities as required. Manage periodic internal and external audits.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level or equivalent
- CA/CPA/ACCA/CIMA or M.Com / MBA Finance.
- Previous Experience in Financial Modelling, Review, analysis and preparation of financial statements.
- Previous experience in Airline industry.
- In depth knowledge on International Accounting/Reporting Standards.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience
- Previous experience in IFRS.
Company: Qatar Airways
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A