Website Dubai Duty Free
Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Purpose of the Position
To provide transportation services for medical supplies and equipment within the WHO hub in International Humanitarian City “IHC/Dubai” as well as providing timely and efficient support to the Country Office in the area of supplies management and warehousing.
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment)
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Assistant and the overall guidance of the Supply Manager, work is assigned by the supervisor who gives instructions on non-routine matters. Routine tasks are performed independently with some discretion in non routine matters. Established procedural and guidelines are available, but where guidelines are incomplete, limited interpretation of guidelines may be required to select course of action on approach to work.
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected)
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Receive, inspect and assess quality, quantity and safety of all incoming consignments of medicines and equipment’s, and verify against the purchase orders.
2. Make necessary arrangements for proper storage (including bar coding) of drugs and medical supplies and equipment according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
3. Undertake data entry of newly arrived items through Oracle/GSM procurement module.
4. Notify supervisors and prepare reports for goods delivered in a damaged condition or wrong quantities for initiating insurance claims or return of items.
5. Establish and maintain records and monitor receiving reports and delivery notes of medical supplies and equipment, including documents of local and global purchase orders.
6. Conduct periodical physical inspection of items in stock and make recommendations for disposal of obsolete and old items. Prepare monthly report with stock positions expiry dates and the arrival of new stock.
7. Prepare precise documents for shipping (invoice and packing list) as per the Operation Manager advice
8. Review shipment prior to departure from the warehouse and report any changes. Assist in packing / assembly of items to obtain the minimum shipping volume.
9. In collaboration with the logistics and procurement assistant, follow up with concerned parties for the receipt of deliverables and finalization of payments.
10. Maintain clean and pest-free storing conditions.11. Brief other store keepers on drugs storage SOPs, and perform other related duties as required.
Competencies –WHO global Competencies model at http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
1. 1. Teamwork2. 2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences3. 3. Communication4. 4. Producing results5. 5. Knowing and managing yourselfFunctional Knowledge and Skills
- Good filing and organizational skills
- Demonstrated time and stress management skills.
- Good knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices/procedures and routines is an asset.
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by logistical training.
Essential: At least three years of progressive experience in the area of logistics
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.
4. Use of Language Skills
Very good knowledge of English and Arabic.
Other Considerations (e.g. Physical Workplace Condition, if other than normal office environment; IT Skills; etc.)
- Ability to operate PC and good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of GSM/Oracle applications.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.