Website United States Postal Service
Performs distribution and a variety of sales and customer support services for products. Maintains pleasant and effective public relations with customers and others requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, and procedures commonly used.
- Performs any variety of sales and customer services at a retail window such as maintaining sufficient inventory of and
selling stamps, stamped paper, other retail products, passport acceptance (where applicable) and other retail services;May use a computerized system, accepting and delivering packages and accountable mail; issuing and cashing foreign and domestic postal money orders; accepting and responding to customer claims and inquiries, and providing information to the public regarding postal regulations.
- Provides sales and customer service support by greeting customers and explaining store layout; determining special
interests and referring to sales and promotional programs; offers assistance in product selection; provides lobby assistance that includes monitoring the retail line, directing customers to the self-service kiosk (SSK) (where applicable), and/or using Mobile Point of Service (mPOS) to complete transactions (where applicable).
- Provides product and service information to customers, including informing customers regarding special offers; suggestive selling related merchandise; promoting products based on customer needs. Provides additional information regarding product features and services.
- Handles and processes customer purchases and returns relating to products and services and may use a point of sale
system. Assists customers with transactions.
- Maintains appearance of retail lobby by setting up, arranging, and replenishing displays and merchandise racks; ensures display and selling areas, work stations, and storage areas are presentable to customers. Performs routine maintenance on SSKs and mPOS, including trouble shooting.
- Conducts product inventories by counting items on hand; attaches and removes security devices; accounts for items on
display; and verifies and records sales floor inventory and shrinkage. Brings inventory discrepancies and shrinkage reports to the attention of the appropriate supervisory presence.
- May verify presort and bulk mailings of all classifications computing and maintaining on a current basis mailers’ credit
- Checks and sets post office postage meters.
- Rents post office boxes, receives rental payments, conducts reference checks, and completes related forms.
- May assign and clear accountable items and distribute mail as required.
- Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of incoming mail by delivery point based on a knowledge of the distribution scheme established for the office, branch or station.
- Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of outgoing mail for dispatch based on knowledge of current
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to work and deal with people sufficient to work cooperatively and interact positively with customers, co-workers, as well as responding appropriately to changing conditions or unique customer or coworker situations.
- Ability to communicate orally refers to expressing spoken ideas or facts clearly and logically when answering questions, giving instructions, and providing information.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations refers to performing basic calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division with whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Ability to work independently refers to following either spoken or written instructions or directions, multitasking and organizing time effectively to perform work assignments, either with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to reference, comprehend and use information refers to gathering information from both oral and written sources, retaining it for future use, providing it in response to request (e.g., on forms, and using it to identify the appropriate course of action to resolve a situation based upon postal laws, regulations, and current procedures.
- Demonstrating conscientiousness and initiative refers to taking care in performing work assignments and working toward task completion.
- Ability to safely perform the duties common to the position
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jackson, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A